Important Discrimination Testing Portal Notes:
- You will need Microsoft Office 2003 and Macros Enabled, running on a Windows based PC to use this portal. Click here for instructions on enabling macros.
- Please only include active employees as of today’s date
- This portal has been updated to reflect the 2012 HCE limits to test a 2013 plan.
Download Testing Portal
Information you will need to complete the discrimination testing:
- Names – Please provide the first and last names of all employees including those excluded and ineligible from participating in the plan. If union employees are excluded from the plan you may eliminate them completely from testing.
- Preceding Plan Year Salary – Please list the employees preceding plan year salary or the current plan year in the case of the first year of employment. It is always better to overestimate when adding in commission or a bonus. You must list the salary for all employees including those excluded and ineligible from participating in the plan. If union employees are excluded from the plan you may eliminate them completely from testing.
- % Owner – Information is used to determine who is a Highly Compensated. Please indicate the percentage the owner has and not a "Y" or "N" answer.
- Are they an Officer – Whether an individual is an officer is determined on the basis of all the facts and circumstances, including the source of the person’s authority, the term for which he or she is elected or appointed, and the nature and extent of the officer’s duties. Generally, an “officer” means an administrative executive who is in regular and continued service, and it implies a continuity of service, exclusive of those employed for a special or single transaction. An employee with the title of officer but not the authority of an officer is not an officer for these purposes. Sole proprietorships, partnerships, and associations, among other unincorporated entities, may have officers.
- Are they realated to an officer or owner? - Please indicate only those who are immediate family members (i.e. father/mother, son/daughter, and grandparent).
- FSA/DCAP/HRA Eligible Employees – Employees who have not met the eligibility requirements (i.e. a 90 day waiting period), any self-employed individuals as defined in section 401(c) of the Internal Revenue Code (including sole proprietors and partners in a partnership) and employees who own (or are considered to own within the meaning of section 318 of the Internal Revenue Code) more than 2% of the outstanding stock of an S corporation or stock possessing more than 2% of the total combined voting power of all stock of such corporation. PLEASE NOTE: For discrimination testing purposes, an employee cannot be both ineligible and excluded. If the employee is ineligible, please put an "N" in the eligibility column and a "Y" in the excluded column.
- FSA/DCAP/HRA Excluded Employees – Your plan can exclude the following for purposes of discrimination testing: An employee covered by a collective bargaining agreement, a non-resident alien with no US source of income, “leased employee” within the meaning of Section 414(n), employees who work less than __ hours per week (determined by the employer) and employees who work less than __ months per year (determined by the employer). PLEASE NOTE: For discrimination testing purposes, an employee cannot be both ineligible and excluded. If the employee is ineligible, please put an "N" in the eligibility column and a "Y" in the excluded column.
- Current Election Fields – Please only fill out the categories that apply to your company. If your company only offers a health FSA but you still see DCA and HRA, you will need to reformat the table.
- FSA – Medical Flexible Spending Account
- DCA – Dependent Care Account
- HRA – Health Reimbursement Account